Wednesday, January 18, 2006

USA: Juridics & Ethics: Supreme Court grants rite to die for terminally-ill, and with physician's assistance

John Jessup, reporting for CBN.com, the Christian online website dominated by Pat Robertson, TV evangelist of a certain kind of fame - Islam Is a Religion of Evil, Kill Chavez, Dover PA is under God's wrath, and Ariel Sharon was struck down by God for pulling Jewish settlers out of Gaza - has let one slip thru his atennae of denunciation.

CBN.com logo

The reactionary website reported the news from the Supreme Court that upheld the State of Oregon's law of compassion for the terminally-ill who want to terminate their earthly pilgrimage, instead of living on helpless in pain when an easy passage is possible. I think this is ruling of the court and of Oregon are very responsible decisions that take into account the changed conditions of longevity and medical potential for self-chosen yet doctor-assisted death. I hope to go this way, if I become incapacitated, as I don't want to fall into the the hands of the "caring industry" and the staffs of old-age homes. I have no family for whom direct contact were I so incarcerated mite be an ameliorating circumstance. I don't support the turn of events that took Terri Schiavo's life, instead going with the wishes of the husband who got rid of her rather than her congenetic family who kept themselves at her side until the State of Florida prevented it. That's another kind of situation. We're not all the same. One size doesn't fit all. Oregon and the US Supreme Court did good. I thank God for this compassionate decision, and the mercy I'd like to receive when my time comes. - Owlb

AP Associated Press logo

AP via MSNBC on Hi Court ruling on assisted suicide

No comments: