Sunday, January 01, 2006

Principium Consumers Hub: MacHacking it, christianly :

It will be part of our scope in this new occasional blog-column, Principium Consumers Hub, to take a good look at the consumption of personal technology, computing, and internetting: http://s and files://s and www.s and etc.. The sub-niche for this speciality of Consumer evaluations of mass-produced computer products for the consumers who are also usually customers (we're called "end-users," which gives a picture of what product-makers often think of us Consumers) is be found in an occasional look at the computer / internetting / blogging world.


PRINCIPIUM CONSUMER HUB: product evaluations


Plus some attention to online purchase of downloaded computer applications to be run, in my case, on my personal computer. Ready for some brand talk? I call my personal computer Krowbrain -- some particlars are Apple (company); MacIntosh (universal nickname "Mac"), a hardware brand of Apple's that includes a very wide line of products for the personal computer or PC (PC ≠ MicroSoft) of which my favourite is my iMac(summer2000) computer. Software: Operating System X 3.9 (Panther); default browser Fireox 1.5., etc..

I will explicitly mix praise and criticism of products I use, and that I like, and with which I have problems yet. This particular kind of discourse will consist of the Hub's Consumer evaluations. Or, Principium evaluations of the focal speciality just indicated. However, Mac and Apple geek-stuff will be just one kind of many many kinds of products explored.

We'll have a few specialties, but will range about, from product to product, niche to niche - and I will always have an eye out there looking for products to write-up, possibly, a Consumer product evalution for you - on this, that, or the other thing, with mixes of critical praise and negative critique, as the case may turn out to be - on occasion, when the passion runs sufficiently, even to croon or rant.

I made a big shift in moving recently from the Apple software product Safari 3.9 as my default browser, to the Mozilla software product Firefox 1.5 browser. I find myself thinking back and forth between my now-less-used Safari 3.9 and my new choice of default browser, Firefox 1.5, with a built-in Firefox Bookmark Mananger that I'm learning to use and enjoying more and more; it seems equivalent to the core-functions of URL Manager Pro in its heyday.

More later for you, on my switch of browser products -- I'll tell the tale of the series of Safari crashes that annoyed Krowbrain and me for several days - weeks, I guess. I switched. My reason for geeking from el defecto to the intriguing but not fully flawless Firefox 1.5 will be my topic in an upcoming Principium Consumers Hub column. - Owlie Scowlie, with thanks to my Unc )wlb - have you noticed how Uncle's taken to using a right-curve paren-sign to get a moon-phase shape into his new )rthography for his name, instead of always using just a strict capital "O" in what's now become ")wlbird"?

No comments: