Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Canada: Debate: Wrap up of fourway, excellent moderator, best write-up by James Bow

A really fine, shall I say "definitive?," on-the-spot analysis of the fourway great debate in English between the leaders of Federal parties, has been blogged by Bow. James Bow. I found myself in more agreement with him than with anyone else I had read. I had well in mind to mention the crude ploy by Paul Martin to remove "the Nothwithstanding Clause" from the Charter of Rights (the only surprise of the evening, and a real faux pas. It's a really serious matter, but I forgot it in composing last nite's last blog entry. Bow noted this same lapse in his own write-up, and additionally when he got to it, included Harper's brilliant answer. - Politicarp


Harper & Fleur-de-Lis


Here's the new face-forward pix from the mainstream press (Toronto Star). They still can't come up with a face-forward plus looking with eyes up into the camera or close by. This is a semiotic war-tactic, to deny the public the particular view that humans instinctively want in order to trust better the person portrayed. - Owlb

No comments: