Sunday, February 27, 2005

Two gents from Snowland

Swanfreak writes that "pictures are of my youngest grandchild, Micah - my son Raymond's little boy. The name of the Snowman remains a mystery to all adults - but Micah obviously feels great affection for his winter friend."

No kids of my own, I wonder, Is this affection for the snowguy, with some small sense of snowbie's time-boundedness, is it? couldt it be? a bit of a hint toward the knowlege of death we all enounter early enuff along life's path, knowing the winter friend will eventually melt away with the shine of the sun and the coming of the warm rain and rise of the green grass? Or does that belong strictly to a later stage of life?

Here in Toronto, too, everything's snow-covered, and again the temperature is sinking way down below Below. But the month of February is almost over. Actually, I rather enjoyed it this year.

Swanfreak, I must share with you e. e. cumming's poem "Spring is a perhaps hand ..., " but maybe we encountered it together forty years ago. Love, Owlb

No comments: