Friday, February 25, 2005

Soldiering, and the soldier-haters of America


This is another Neo-constantinian christian-democratic note to help us make the distinction between a politics of military responsiblity, as against the Leftwing reactionaries who increasingly have composed the dominant élites in USA culture for the last 50 years.

I will have more to say later, but for now I just want to provide you the link to Rabbi Aryeh Spero that appeared recently in Human Events, a rightwing news source with which I often disagree. Spero is also Chairman of Caucus for America, an organization that I had never heard-of until reading his piece. The org's site makes clear it is on the conservative side of things in US politics. You can check it here, and I wouldn't mind feedback of your impressions: Caucus for America. Maybe some of your impressions will impress, and become part of my refWrite-up here.

Also, tho, I want to add another matter to the theme of this blog-entry, when it's updated. I want to reflect on cases like that of Marine Corps 2nd Lt. Ilario Pantano.

No comments: