EconomicsGlobal & USA: Slavery today: Sex trafficking is hugely profitable business in USA and worldwide
The set is minimal to say the least - with subtle changes in the lighting to suggest different times of the day - the film with around 6mins of intimate scripted talk will cover a whole day in the life of 'Sorrow'. It will be shot in black and white so that the focus is on the character and not trying to discern her whereabouts, for she is anywhere and everywhere. Her thoughts move from anger and guilt to daring for a sight of redemption. In stripping the production bare we allow nothing peripheral to get in the way of the viewer's concentrated gaze on this woman. Sorrow ends by making a silent appeal to the audience. How we respond is of course up to us!
The film has been endorsed by the UK Charity, Unchosen. The Charity raises awareness of human trafficking through film festivals and campaigns. Our film will help provide a new context for this story of human exploitation.
CAST & CREW
- 'Sorrow' (to be confirmed)
- Written, Directed and Produced by Geoff Hall
- Director of Photography: Tim Woodford
- Lighting by Nick Pitt of Farm Studios
- Production Stills by Geoff Crawford of Funkimages
- Web and Design by Chris Lorensson
- Music by Charlie Groves and The Blackthorn Project